Read In Your Native Language

Thursday, January 2, 2014

A.S. Face 0412: Michael Smith

A.S. Face 0412: Michael Smith


My name is Michael Smith I am 39 and live in Las Vegas NV. I have been suffering from A.S. since I was 17. I am fused in my sacroiliac joints and the majority of my vertebrae and walk like I am an 80 year old. Recently a friend’s daughter asked me I walked the way I did? I answered her and said it is because I enjoyed watching the ant races! We both had a good laugh and moved along to some other topic. That has been the key for me, never letting it define me or who I am and never dwelling on it. This is what has allowed me to move on from the anger and depression that the pain brings to everyday life.
Nevada United States of America

No comments:

Post a Comment