Read In Your Native Language

Sunday, March 4, 2018

A.S. Face 2013: Stacy

A.S. Face 2013: Stacy



My name is Stacy and I am 38 years old. I am a CA native born in Bellflower California a Los Angeles suburb. I currently live in Orange County with my family for the past 12 years. I have 3 kids, 10, 6 and 5. I was misdiagnosed for years in my early 20's as having seronegative rheumatoid arthritis. The medication never worked fully and symptoms were never debilitating until I had my 3rd child.  I had new insurance by this time so I went to a new rheumatology dr.  It was then they gave me the news my inflammatory levels were sky high and I had tested positive for HLAB-27. I had no idea what this was or what it meant. The dr started me on different medicine right away, but it wasn't working. I was losing mobility in my legs quickly.  The Dr decided to start me on remicade right away. I was scared, hesitant, but needed something serious to get my life back. I have 3 kids I had to get moving again, there was no "no" accepted. It worked!  I did have to go through several insurance woes dealing with approvals and costs. I have learned with this disease that even Dr's don't know everything. You have to listen to your own body and expect nothing but the best for yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment