Read In Your Native Language

Sunday, March 4, 2018

A.S. Face 2007: Rick Imholte

A.S. Face 2007: Rick Imholte



My name is Rick Imholte. I live in Southern Arizona, originally from Texas. I am 56 years old. My back started bothering me in my late teens. I was diagnosed in 2015 after being to all them years that I had a bad back. Given just about every pain pill you could imagine. After being diagnosed and doing blood work I found that I did not have the gene. I am a select few who doesn't. I did, however, find that I had latent TB-9 months of more meds. Had a 66-degree curve in my neck, chin to chest deformity. July 22nd, 2016, I had an anterior-posterior cervical ostomecy, 16 hour surgery. Two 18 inch rods with dozens of screws. Removed C7 and built a cage. I have no feeling on most of my right side and had to learn to walk and relearn my left side. August 2017 while still recovering I found that I had bladder cancer. Surgery September 2017. Got it all. Then some kind of skin disorder which they still don't know what it is. Biopsy last week, January 2018. AND HERE I AM, A WARRIOR!!! I refuse to give up. I work my butt off to keep going. Never give up!!!
Thanks for reading.
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment