Read In Your Native Language

Sunday, March 4, 2018

A.S. Face 2001: Lindsay Albert

A.S. Face 2001: Lindsay Albert



Hi!  My name is Lindsay Albert.  I was dx with AS earlier this summer at 26 years old.  The signs and symptoms began when I was 15 years old, and despite being a virgin, doctors and school nurses summed my problems up to pregnancy, and one even called me menopausal.  I had learned to live with the pain and was conditioned to think no one will ever listen to me.  Then earlier this year I got horrible knee pain, after a few months I couldn't take it anymore and saw my primary who then referred me to a rheumatologist thinking it was RA.  He diagnosed me at the first visit!  Although there's still a long road ahead to find the right treatment, I am thankful to finally have an answer!

Arizona, United States of America

No comments:

Post a Comment