Read In Your Native Language

Sunday, March 4, 2018

A.S. Face 1999: Tammy Mace Treadway

A.S. Face 1999: Tammy Mace Treadway



I was diagnosed in January 2017 after beginning to worry that it was all in my head. That’s what most physicians had said. Until July 2016 I was active and worked 12-14 hours a day. Then I got sick, had surgery and never fully recovered.

My life is a story I should say, I was in an abusive relationship then marriage for 25 years. Healing is not easy, but in 2010 I took matters into my hands and made many changes. Thankfully I met my soulmate and now know how wonderful life can be. I cannot image struggling with AS in my former life. I honestly don’t think I could have done it. My husband now does nothing but support and encourage me!!

Every day is a new beginning when you have AS. You never know what your day will bring. You choose to take it easy and not over do it or wallow in self-pity and get worse. I struggle with depression but try to fill my depressive thoughts with happy things and only surround myself with positive people.

Thank you for listening to my story!!

Tammy Mace Treadway

North Carolina, United States of America

No comments:

Post a Comment