Read In Your Native Language

Thursday, September 8, 2016

A.S. Face 1667: Adrian

A.S. Face 1667: Adrian

face-1667
Hi. My name is Adrian and I am 47 years old. Having had nearly 20 + years of symptoms that came and went I eventually ended up with an ENT surgeon that suspected vasculitus. After many trips to many consultants (one of which was a rheumatologist ) I had no answers but all recognized clinical symptoms of something???. I was eventually told to try eastern medicine as western medicine had finished with me.  Persistence paid off and I found a rheumatologist who tore everything up and started again.  She found i was Hla b27 positive and had sacrolitis and enthesitis showing on xray and mri’s. I have declining basdai scores and am just starting a second 3 month trial of an NSAID. A Depo medrone shot proved a miracle as well after a trial shot.  I am told the plan is get me through the criteria to get me onto tnf blockers. Time will tell but I feel relieved things are now moving forwards now I have my diagnosis at long last !! Kept going….never give up

No comments:

Post a Comment