Read In Your Native Language

Sunday, June 7, 2015

A.S. Face 1542: Darren McPhee

A.S. Face 1542: Darren McPhee

Face 1542

November 6, 1984 - May 21, 2018

I don’t have much of a story.  To be honest, I only found this site because I am not in a great psychological state.  Thankfully the site has shown I’m not alone.
I’ve been told I have a bad back for years.  They only found the AS two years ago because they were scanning for cancer (which is a whole different story).   So far I’ve been very disappointed in my medical care and hopefully I can give them a shove based on the knowledge I have gained from other people’s stories.
The above picture was taken this time last year.  I could stand, walk, etc.  Now, I can’t stand without two canes and extreme pain.  I have a wheelchair and can’t sit in it for long again due to pain.
I don’t see much light at the end of the tunnel at the moment.  This won’t inspire anyone, it just felt good to get it out.  And thank you to the others who have posted on here.
Darren McPhee, from Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment