Read In Your Native Language

Thursday, April 24, 2014

A.S. Face 1252: Nancy Audette

A.S. Face 1252: Nancy Audette

Face 1252I’m Nancy Audette.  I am 60 and was diagnosed with AS in 2003.
I developed iritis one day in 2003 and my doctor asked if I had an auto-immune disease.  I said no. I searched it and saw how it was related to AS.  About a month later I started having breast pain and my hands hurt terribly.  Prior to this I had many, many pains in my hips, lower back, spine and basically my whole body. But the breasts and hands were new.
Gynecologist urged me to see GP for blood work.  Yep, have the gene, have the symptoms and MRI/X-rays showed fusing.  Then a few months later, my grandmother died and I found my grandfather’s death certificate.  AS was listed, not as a cause but part of his health issues.  Everything then made sense.
Since 2003, I have been on Enbrel, Methotrexate and Tzanidine.  I also have kidney disease, hypothyroidism, lots of gastro problems, scoliosis, kyphosis and IBS.  In spite of everything,  I do fairly well.  I am lucky to have a wonderful and aggressive rheumatologist.
I married for the second time in 2009.  He is the love of my life and I am so blessed to have met him.

No comments:

Post a Comment