Read In Your Native Language

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A.S. Face 1227: Regan

A.S. Face 1227: Regan

Face 1227
My name is Regan. I am 33 years old and live in North Carolina. I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis in September 2008 by Dr. Nortin Hadler at UNC-Chapel Hill. Unfortunately, at that time I wasn’t willing to do anything about my AS at that point. I was willing to live with the ups-and-downs of the disease so I could act like nothing was wrong. Dr. Hadler was not supportive of my decision, but agreed that when I was ready to deal with my AS, I’d be back. Fast forward to December 14, 2013 – I reached the point where I couldn’t deal with it anymore. At first, I thought I was just dealing with a normal flare. I went to my primary care doctor in hopes of getting some temporary relief (Thank God for prednisone!). Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get in with Dr. Hadler (next appointment was March!), but I go ta referral to Dr. Eliot Kopp with Triangle Ortho. I saw him on Thursday, January 9. He spent almost 2 hours with me that afternoon. We set out on a treatment plan that we hope will slow the progression of this terrible disease. Here’s hoping we’re on the right track!
North Carolina, United States of America

No comments:

Post a Comment