Read In Your Native Language

Friday, March 21, 2014

A.S. Face 1198: Lisa Marie Donndelinger

A.S. Face 1198: Lisa Marie Donndelinger

Face 1198
My name is Lisa Marie Donndelinger. I am 34 years old and I live in Pensacola, Florida. I am newly diagnosed with AS. I was adopted and never knew any of my medical history. After 8 years in pain management my dr. Referred me to my rheumatologist. She ran some tests and I came back positive with HLA-B27. When all of my symptoms were looked at it was completely obvious to her I had AS. I have had procedures on my SI joints, my hips, low back, I had colitis in June, 2013, and my fingers looked like sausages. I have been doing a lot of research on this disease and I hope more people can be aware of this disease. We are not lazy. We are not out of shape. It is so upsetting when someone says you just need to excercise or your doctors are quacks. I love that there is so many people trying to come together as a support group for each other affected by AS.
Thank you for starting this project. It has really opened my eyes to this disease

No comments:

Post a Comment