Read In Your Native Language

Sunday, March 16, 2014

A.S. Face 1188: Kathy McIsaac

A.S. Face 1188: Kathy McIsaac

Face 1188
O.K here it goes, I’ll try to explain my situation/life/….hmmmm in 1995 I was in a really bad car accident (I only had a 5% chance of surviving) I was in a wheelchair, but I was in physio an learned to walk again with a cane. in 2007 I fell an after my fall my whole body started hurting, I found it difficult to move my neck, as I was walking I noticed my back was really sore (I couldn’t stand straight my, I was like the hunchback of my community) my family noticed that there was something wrong big time with my blood results so I was accepted to go into NSRC (Nova Scotia Rehabilitation Center) in 2008…while I was there they had me do every test impossible except for the M.R.I machine.they took around 12 vials each morning of my blood, anyway I went to the rehab at least 7 times within 5 years (3-4 months each time) so I was a mystery to every doctor, specialist, surgeon anyone whoever ran tests on me (I do not wanna go into great detail about the pain I was experiencing because its to hard to explain). Anyway in January 2012 I went back in the rehab hurting really bad an the day b4 I was released they figured out a way for me to get in the M.R.I machine (silly doctors) lay me on my side with my knees bent, because I couldn’t straighten my knees so I couldn’t lay on my back straight…anyway I had a family meeting the next day (witch I fell asleep during because the doctors had me on every single pain medication known to stop me from hurting) they explained that I have Ankylosing Spondylitis, they apologized for not picking it up right away because they thought that I was just saying I was hurting an it was all in my head. (you see they blamed in on the car accident, witch had nothing to do with the A.S at all) Phew anyway I think I’ll finish my little story there because I could go on an on about my life experiences but I really don’t want to lol…..thanks for letting me get this off my chest though !!!!!!!
Nova Scotia, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment