Read In Your Native Language

Friday, February 28, 2014

A.S. Face 1173: Ashley Laughlin

A.S. Face 1173: Ashley Laughlin

Face 1173
PhotoGrid_1384150644719
Hi, my name is Ashley Laughlin and I am currently living on hill afb in utah. My story I am about to be 27 years old.  I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis in nov 2013 after trying to convince my many drs that all of my pain and symptoms were related for about 5 years.  My rheumatologist says my a.s. symptoms started when I was 8 years old, and that it was a time when drs didnt really consider children esp girls to have a.s. I am very fortunate that my husband is active duty air force and we have moved to hill because it has brought me to my great team of drs. My greatest joy and accomplishments in life are my kids Eme (3years) and Gabe (10 months) they keep me moving and feeling okay all day! Who has time to sit and get stiff chasing two crazy toddlers. Im greatful for being diagnosed after all this time and having answers and a treatment plan. The support I have found from people also suffering from a.s. has been phenomenal.
Utah, United States of America

No comments:

Post a Comment