Read In Your Native Language

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A.S. Face 1107: Jesica Lynn

A.S. Face 1107: Jesica Lynn

Face 1107
Hello my name is Jesica Lynn. I am 26 living in Tempe Arizona. I would like to be a face of AS because I think it’s important to be apart of a community that understands me, what I go through and to share my story. I was diagnosed with AS 3 years ago after eight months of sharp, disabling pain starting in my low back and going down my hips, pelvis and right leg. My father who had passed away three years prior to this I believe also had this condition as he was bedridden for ten years. I started physical therapy and medication that helped my pain for about a year. Recently I got a really bad flare up that has lasted three months ago. It has started to effect every aspect of my life including my job (I work at a rehab center in a nursing home) My family relationships, my personal relationships which are basically non existent both friendships and dating. It has also effected my ability to exercise which was a huge part of my life. It affects my sleep, my self worth, my confidence. I am depressed a lot and stress eat. This condition is notorious for making quality of life go way down. I have no health insurance, medication is not working and I’m shelling out hundreds of dollars a month on a chiropractor with little improvement (my job could be hindering my progress)  I refuse to stop trying, no matter how depressed I get. I dream of going to physical therapy assistant school so I can help others. I refuse to let that dream go, no matter how difficult. I believe everything happens for a reason and I am determined to not let this beat me or take away the life I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment