Read In Your Native Language

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A.S. Face 1086: Dale Alford

A.S. Face 1086: Dale Alford


Face 1086
My name is Dale Alford and I live in Melbourne , Australia.
I was diagnosed 2 years ago.
Long story but they were looking for an answer to the abdominal referred pain I was getting everywhere but my back.   I did some research, spoke to a rheumy who said I couldn’t have AS as I was too flexible.  years of boxing and genetically hyper mobility in my joints might have had something to do with that .  went back to my GP who agreed a blood test wouldn’t hurt . it same back positive so the rheumy agreed to test further.  Confirmed 2 days later, nearly 2 years wasted looking in the wrong places including one unnecessary operation.  currently taking NSAIDS and Lyrica ,  but will probably start on TNF inhibitors in December.  Good days and bad days, but at the moment I  managing to lives reasonable if somewhat restricted at times life.
Victoria, Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment