Read In Your Native Language

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A.S. Face 1051: Jerrie Hall

A.S. Face 1051: Jerrie Hall

Face 1051
Hi my name is Jerrie Hall. I live in Colorado. I’m 46, happily married mother of three amazing kids.
I was diagnosed with A.S. October 8, 2013 after many years of unexplained pain. It all started in my 20s when I had low back pain. As a hairdresser, I would think my back pain was due to my job, being on my feet all day and leaning over the shampoo bowls. After I had my kids it got worse. I had a MRI on low back and said I had a small issue with my L5-S1 disk. Then tendonitis on my left thumb(non-cutting hand) and tennis elbow. Major female pain and problems that lead to a hysterectomy. Both knees scoped due to meniscus tears not knowing how it happened. I always had neck pain that eventually generated into right arm pain, tingling and numbness in thumb & index finger. I had a MRI that resulted in two disks removed and fused with a titanium plate with 6 screws. After that it was a downward spiral. Multiple ER trips with excruciating pain. All the doctors would say nothing is wrong. I felt like I was CRAZY. I could no longer hold a job and I was extremely depressed. I received a steroid shot in my SI joint in May that was amazing. That is when my new doctor ordered some blood tests. They came back with high inflammatory levels and HLA-B27 positive. I was then sent to a rheumatologist that knew exactly what was wrong.. That was a little over a week ago. He has put me on Meloxicam 7.5mg twice a day and Enbrel once a week which I just started two days ago. I’m hopeful that the Enbrel will help. The meloxicam has helped with the inflammation. I still have quite a bit of pain. I don’t know any body with this disease and I feel all alone. I am some what relieved to know I’m NOT crazy, but at the same time, I’m very scared. I would love to be able to correspond with someone that understands what I’m going through. Thanks for reading (listening).
Colorado, United States of America

No comments:

Post a Comment