Read In Your Native Language

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A.S. Face 1008: Jennifer Harb

A.S. Face 1008: Jennifer Harb

Face 1008
My name is Jennifer Harb and I was diagnosed with AS 3 years ago. I have been thru herniated discs & many nsaid’s and injections before finding the right medication cocktail to make me feel somewhat human again.  I first tried Enbrel which eventually stopped working,  then went on to Humira which worked really well but caused chronic infections & now I’m on to Simponi which is working so far. My life & my family’s life has changed so drastically in the last few years due to my illness.  At times I feel quite guilty having to rely on my family to help me with day to day activities however I feel very fortunate to have their love & support.  I have an amazing boyfriend who is always there to take care of me & wonderful empathetic children.  I hope that in sharing my experience it helps bring awareness to AS which can be a debilitating invisible disease.
Nova Scotia, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment