Read In Your Native Language

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A.S. Face 0993: David Collums

A.S. Face 0993: David Collums

Face 993993
My name is David Collums. I live in winfield, alabama. I was diagnosed with a.s. in 2003. After two years of intense pain and stiffness the doctor finally decided to send me to a rheumatologist who figured it all out. My s.i. joint is fused my facets in my lower back are ate up and my left hip needs replaced. I am currently working at pizza hut making minimum wage with no insurance. Life is a serious struggle. I have been on indocin which works great for me but my stomach and esophagus are ate up with acid reflux/gurd. So im taking 40mg of prilosec twice a day and 150mg of zantac twice a day. Just to keep it under control. But if it wasnt for the indocin i would be so stiff id need a wheel chair!!!  But thank God and indocin that i can have some semblence of a life. But it is a catch 22 because the more i take the indocin the worse my stomach and the bleeding gets. So life is definitely a balancing act!
If anyone would like to talk or compare stories my email is: dcollums11@gmail.com.
yall have a wonderful day and i hope u have no flare ups!!
God bless!!
Alabama, United States of America

No comments:

Post a Comment