Read In Your Native Language

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A.S. Face 0983: Dawn

A.S. Face 0983: Dawn

Face 983Dawn Hamilton 1Dawn Hamiltion  My name is Dawn and I have had A.S. symptoms since I was 16 years old.  I have been to numerous doctors before one doctor 15+ years later decided to check me for the HLA-B27 gene. I was told that it was psychosomatic.  Like many others I have problems walking at times, sitting and or standing for long periods of time.  Sleeping is horrendous for me and well mornings are indescribable.  I also suffer from bouts of depression and anxiety.  Food and I do not get along very well, I have to take chlorestamine to keep food inside me.  I was on Enbrel for approx. 1 year before it stopped working and now I am on Humira and fingers crossed it will continue to keep the edge off.   I also am on the Duragesic/Fentenyl  Patch. I am now 39 and I am not sure what the future holds for me.  I hope one day someone will find a cure in my lifetime.
Dawn
Ontario, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment