A.S. Face 0687: Becky Berry
I’m Becky Berry, and I am 25 years old. I was diagnosed with AS at age 15. This diagnosis came after around 5 years of doctors visits with every diagnosis you can think of including cancer. They at first had no explanation for my back and hip pain as such a young child, but I finally found a doctor at Vanderbilt Children’s hospital autoimmune Clinic who was able to make a positive diagnosis. It has been 10 years since I found out what I have. My left shoulder has started turning in for some reason. I am still trying to get in with a new doctor to figure out why. I just want others to know they are not alone when battling with an “invisible” illness. That is what I like to call it, because it is difficult to see the damage it is doing to your body at first, but it is felt every day with every movement you make.
Alabama United States of America
No comments:
Post a Comment