A.S. Face 0676: Sara
Hello! My name is Sara, was diagnosed with AS 10 years ago this month. I was 15 when I was diagnosed, luckily it didn’t take doctors long.I am the only one (so far) in my family who has shown symptoms of AS. I am also HBLA-27 positive. At times I resent this condition, but at times I am grateful for the lessons it has taught me about people, about life, about myself. My AS goes from remission to full blown flare in a matter of hours. For me the worst has part has been my pregnancy and dealing with 3 horrible, scary flares of Uveitis. Right now, I am in the process of managing my pain and flares with Humira. It is a miracle drug! I was fortunate enough to marry a man who loves me despite all of my troubles and is the best support in the world.
It’s nice to have a support group out there like this. This can be such a lonely disease. Especially when no one has ever heard of it! Take care
Utah United States of America
No comments:
Post a Comment