A.S. Face 0672: Ellie
(Ellie)
I live in Hampshire in the UK, I am 39 married with two girls. I was diagnosed in July this year. It’s been a rough road over the last year, but I have a fantastic family around me who support and help in every step I take. I know how lucky I am. This flare up has left me dependent on crutches to walk and in need of a wheelchair when I go outside the house. I was dismissed from my job due to this condition. I am using this time to take stock of my life and I have realised that you are only given as much as you can deal with. I am strong mentally and I can live with this, I may have times when I struggle to do this but that is when others step in to take the load off me for a while. My youngest daughter was born with cancer, she beat the odds and is now a happy healthy 10 year old. Seeing her achieve milestones we never thought possible made us realise we all have an inner strength that is stronger than we will ever know. It is my time to tune into my inner strength. Life is a roller coaster and in stead of just holding on tight and waiting for it to end, I am throwing my arms in the air, feeling the wind on my face, feeling every bump and turn, and enjoying every minute of it.
Many thanks
Ellie
United Kingdom
No comments:
Post a Comment