Read In Your Native Language

Saturday, February 15, 2014

A.S. Face 0651: Raewyn

A.S. Face 0651: Raewyn


Hi my name is Raewyn  I’m 52 years old and I  live in Melbourne, Australia . I wasn’t diagnosed with “AS” until about five years ago, though I have had alot of pain from my earliest twenties and continuous “Anterior Uveitis”   I spent many visits, hours at doctors, telling me it was sciatica, when I have struggled to take a step, try to walk,  I even at one stage, had a  doctor tell me, stop trying to get workers compensation  ! even though I hadn”t even mentioned this lol !  Unfortunately “AS” is a hidden disease ! and in between flare ups, no one in my case would ever know I had this.  Fortunately, five years ago, I found a great doctor, who said to me,  he thought it was some form of arthritis, but he wasn’t sure.  So after visiting a Rheumatologist, having MRI, Xrays and a genetic test, which confirmed I have the HLA-B27 marker, I got the diagnose of “AS” I try not to let “AS” Stop me from enjoying my life, defining who I am !  and while I can still walk, for “AS. ” is now progressed to my ribs and neck. I  am going to keep working , I just recently got back from Thailand and Indonesia and Malaysia with my hubby and youngest daughter, I have two girls and my oldest daughter is getting married next month and I’m looking froward in the future hopefully to enjoy having grandchildren.
Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment