Read In Your Native Language

Saturday, February 15, 2014

A.S. Face 0634: Colleen Hnilica

A.S. Face 0634: Colleen Hnilica




Started having pain in my early 20′s. Everyone told me it was in my head. I suffered for so many years until I started getting iritis. My eye dr thought he knew what the trouble was and gave me a name for it. I went to a rheumatologist and sure enough it finally had a name. Trouble is way back then they put me on celebrex and told me there was nothing else I could do for it. Years later I am totally fused from my neck to my tailbone and I only have daily mild pain with the exception of a lot of headaches from my neck and I cant run, jump or do anything really physical. I am now 59 and have learned to live with it. I am fused with a bent neck and have little self esteem about the way I look. The saddest part of my story is my now 28yr old son who was diagnosed at 14 and has since had both hips replaced already and walks with a cane. He is very bent over and in extreme pain daily. That hurts me worse than any pain I have ever been in. Thanks to this group and others like it I feel like finally we are not alone!
Tennessee United States of America

No comments:

Post a Comment