Read In Your Native Language

Sunday, February 9, 2014

A.S. Face 0592: Rich Maybaum

A.S. Face 0592: Rich Maybaum


I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis and DISH arthritis in 2009 though had I symptoms for years. After some terrible neck, spine and hip issues this January, another xray was done and AS was added to the disease pile. Like everyone else, I have good days and bad days. I finally reached the point (after 3 docs told me that if I don’t seriously treat my disease I’ll end up soon in a wheelchair or worse) I am stopping working, applying for disability and focusing 100% on exercise and nutrition. I do a lot of writing and have had some work published, so I am already changing my thinking to the fact that I will now be a full-time writer with an unknown benefactor. I currently am a director of a social service agency and love to work. I will desperately miss my clients and staff but am sure that the good Lord will give me opportunities to use the skills I have learned in other ways. I have an awesome wife, 3 great kids (14,10,8), live right outside of Philly and am a huge Philly sports fan. I love music and books and look forward to getting to know the folks that are along for this ride.
Rich  Maybaum
Pennsylvania United States of America

No comments:

Post a Comment