Read In Your Native Language

Thursday, January 9, 2014

A.S. Face 0528: Pam Blackledge

A.S. Face 0528: Pam Blackledge


My name is Pam Blackledge.  I have lived with AS for 11 years.  I was diagnosed at the age of 28. I was very blessed that it only took 1 year for my diagnosis.  The second Rheumatologist I went to see was fantastic.  The symptoms were very well controlled until my 30′s, when I had to begin taking biologics.
As a Radiology Tech, I get very frustrated with the lack of awareness of this disease.  I worked in the medical field for 8 years and had never heard of it until I was diagnosed.  I am grateful for this group.  It has helped me realize that I am not alone in my suffering.  It is comforting to know that on a bad day, there is someone who understands just a mouse-click away!!
Pam Blackledge
Texas United States of America

No comments:

Post a Comment