A.S. Face 0503: Brian
I have related to the struggles and trials of the participants, and am generally inspired to keep pushing on.
I am an engineering physicist working in aerospace since about the time my axial pain began right after graduation 35 years ago. Of course it was always attributed to mechanical strain, and given no treatment except analgesics &muscle relaxers. Things came to a head however when at 51 yoa I acquired severe scleritis. I continued working and was referred to rheumatology where I was diagnosed with AS and given biologics. It took 5 years to get the eyes under control, and have some permanent vision loss, not to speak of the continually increasing axial pain. We have some top-notch specialists here in Texas who are active in AS research. So I am in an AS gene study at UT.
There is definitely reason for hope on the horizon.
Keep up the good work.
Brian
58 yoa
Houston, Texas United States of America
No comments:
Post a Comment