Read In Your Native Language

Saturday, January 4, 2014

A.S. Face 0501: Sherri Sanford

A.S. Face 0501: Sherri Sanford


My name is Sherri Sanford.
I have AS.  I went to my first Rheumie when I was 12 years old.  I don’t remember much of my childhood but I do think that appointment was for my knees.  I was finally  DX when I was 40.  Many, many Doctors later.  Really, everything started to make sense. I have been in pain all my life and that just didn’t seem right.  I am HLA B27 -.   I went through 4 pregnancies with dibilitating pain.  After I delivered my fourth child I had back surgery.  Discectomy and Laminectomy.  About a year later I saw that Neuro Surgeon again because I still had some pain.  The pain was better but I knew something else was still going on.  He referred me to a Rheumie in the same Hospital. In August of 2002 he called me and said I have AS.  I said “Are you sure?”  He said “Absolutely, unequivocoly, you have Ankylosing Spondylitis.”  That was that.  Alot of past surgeries and pains all started to make alot more sense. Surgeries and pain still continue…….I have been on Enbrel, Humira, many pain killers, anti-inflammatories and now Simponi.
It’s a daily battle…..fought hard…..
Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment