Read In Your Native Language

Monday, June 6, 2022

A.S. Face 2227: Jessaka

 A.S. Face 2227: Jessaka


I started having issues in 2020. My first rheumatologist made me feel crazy, he kept saying I have fibromyalgia… wouldn’t even check my back after it locked up (I also had wide spread body pain)… I forced him to send me to someone else… within 4 months of seeing my new rheumatologist I was diagnosed with AS and damage was already done. I am negative for the gene as well (but did research and browsing my DNA on 23 and me, I have the other 5 genes associated with AS). I am currently 29, mother of 3, I went from working in a tire plant and lifting 50 pounds regularly to now fighting disability. I am in pain management because surgery isn’t an option. Disability has said I can’t work any past jobs but I’m still fighting them. Praying for a good outcome. Some days mentally, I’m ok. Other days I can’t believe I have to do this for the rest of my life. I know many understand but it’s exhausting. I wish I could be who I was 3 years ago. But still a warrior and going to continue fighting, even if it’s with myself.


Oklahoma, United States of America

No comments:

Post a Comment