Read In Your Native Language

Monday, June 6, 2022

A.S. Face 2226: Rachael Clarrissa

  

A.S. Face 2226: Rachael Clarrissa


I was diagnosed at around 29-30. Similar to most AS patients my symptoms were constant, consistent and dismissed by doctors. It wasn’t until my mother advocated for me that I was given a serious look. Getting my diagnosis felt relieving and life ending all at the same time. I knew that my life was forever changed. Every day it is a battle not to let this thing get me down and yet sometimes it does. The pain, the swollen hands, the exhaustion, all of it is so hard. I will not stop persevering and because of you I have found a little bit more positivity in this life that I was given. I know I have it because I am strong enough to handle it.

I would love to be one of your Faces of AS. Representation is so important and as a person of colour I want to ensure that we remember that this can get anyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment