Read In Your Native Language

Monday, February 17, 2014

A.S. Face 0735: Adam Lewis

A.S. Face 0735: Adam Lewis

Face 735
My name is Adam Lewis.
I was born in London and after an interlude of living in many exciting places, I settled in delightful Old Portsmouth in the U.K.
When I was a teenager, I was told that my mother, grandmother and uncle all had a mysterious disease called “Ankylosing Spondylitis”. My relatives seemed so good at hiding the symptoms that this information seemed utterly irrelevant to my life.
And then I started getting back pain. My parents looked worried. They decided to have me tested for the bafflingly titled “Human Leukocyte Antigen B27.”
Over a number of years, it became obvious that I too had this disease. The mind stabbing pain that frustrated my ability to live or make a living was tortuous.
With the improvements in medication along with physiotherapy and some complimentary healing techniques I have overcome some of the suffering. The remaining pain, fatigue and limited mobility I have learned to live with.
United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment