Read In Your Native Language

Monday, February 17, 2014

A.S. Face 0736: Tracie Johnson

A.S. Face 0736: Tracie Johnson

Face 736 Face 736aTracie Johnson
I first started having pain when i was 22 and i was pregnant with my first daughter. I would have pain maybe once a month in my right SI joint
I thought it was a siatic nerve. I would just be walking and just collaps down to my knees.
A few months after i had her the pain started a few times every few weeks.
A couple years went by and i got pain here and there and it would go away.
I got pregnant with my second child and the pain started to come every week, i had her and the pain got worse.
I went through many test MRIs, Cat scans, Nerve tests, Bones scans, x-rays, and last but not least a blood test.
The blood test came back positive for Genetic Arthritus. The arthritus that i have is Ankalosing Spondilitus. I was explained to about this, i was devistated.
I read up on the internet even more devistated and scared. I just found out Febuary 2013. This is all still so new to me and im so scared. Im in pain everyday i feel like i have to live on pain meds to get through the day. My Dr suggested that i do Humera shots. Im still in limbo and if i want to or not. Trying to weigh out the pros and cons of the shots. It is good to know that im not alone. Im not ashamed at all to wear that blue bracelt supporting A.S. Its part of me and what i have. Its what i struggle with everyday. Only people who have this know the true pain one can be in, and also the fatiuge is very hard to fight when you have two little girls ages 5 and 2. The only thing i can keep doing is learning and trying to accept the fact that this is something i was born with and i cant change it but i can try and be ok with it.
Illinois, United States of America

No comments:

Post a Comment