Read In Your Native Language

Monday, February 17, 2014

A.S. Face 0734: Kyle Clouser

A.S. Face 0734: Kyle Clouser

Face 734
My name is Kyle Clouser. I am from Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. I am 20 years old.
I was diagnosed with AS when I was 12 years old. The first signs of the disease were like most others, the back pain and stiffness when not being active. Growing up I was active with sports, friends and just being a kid. But when my symptoms began to get worse, everything slowed down tremendously. I started by taking a pill a day then two a day.. then 3 & 4. In 8 years I have been through more than 7 different types of medications. I have started with the lowest dosage with each then quickly making my way to the maximum dose before switching to another type of medication. My knees, back, hands and ankles are my major effected areas, Trying to keep active and keep moving is very important to me because it keeps my joints from getting stiff and slowing me down. I love to stay active still. My more enjoyable and passionate activity is being a volunteer fire fighter. It is something that I put my whole heart into. It is also something that makes me feel like everyone else, like a person who is not always in pain. My other passion is for motorcycles. I love riding and working on them. Both of these activities are things that I know I will not be able to do the rest of my life. But, I intend on never giving up either of them.
Having this disease has taught me so much and gave me characteristics that not everyone has. I have so much determination, commitment and dedication in battling and overcoming this disease. Until they find cure for AS I will defiantly be standing tall.
Pennsylvania, United States of America

No comments:

Post a Comment