Read In Your Native Language

Sunday, July 9, 2017

A.S. Face 1789: Susan Carson Hill

A.S. Face 1789: Susan Carson Hill




I was misdiagnosed with MS. Took 7 years to get this diagnosis. I started having issues as a child. As a teenager, I started having pain along my right hip bone. I had bone spurs develop in my feet. I walked on my toes since infancy. Can’t do that anymore. My childhood Dr’s begged my parents to put leg braces on me. They refused. I don’t know the reason. Years of pain and fatigue, and I couldn’t hold jobs for long. I had 2 girls to raise by myself. Long story. Their dad was a deadbeat. Anyway, I spent long hours on my feet, working. I would come home and literally be too tired to do anything. I thought this was normal! I have 4 bulging discs. Two are herniated with a synovial cyst in my lower back. Bone spurs along my spine, and osteoarthritis in my right hip and both hands. I also have a host of other autoimmune disorders. Diabetes Type 2, hypothyroidism, and possibly lupus. They are still trying to figure it all out.

In 2007, I could not stand for any length of time. Had a work-related injury, and was no longer able to work.

Tennessee, United States of America

No comments:

Post a Comment